Monday, February 7, 2011

Getting started at last



I started this blog because I wanted to write about Permaculture and self-reliance projects. At the time I'd taken a Permaculture course but lived in a 3rd floor walkup in a condo building where the board was hostile to gardening activities on the grounds. After much drama, suspense, and a lot longer than we originally anticipated, we have at last acquired a yard - and it's not in a historic district. Yay! We moved in November. My perma-forming effots have been hampered by my inability to find somebody with a truck willing to pick up mulch and compost from the landfill for me, but I'm still moving along. The photos are of my cold frame (for chickory, chickweed, and creasy greens) and my first square foot bed. Nothing in that yet, though I'll probably put out stinging nettle seeds today.

No comments: